17 April 2008

Charmed by a new bike bag


I'm excited by an old leather purse which I've re-purposed as a bike bag. It has a fun gathered leather front which lends itself well to the addition of some reflective tape. I changed the strap so that it can attach easily to the rack of my bike and it seems good to go!
It is easily large enough to hold what I carry most of the time: a pair of gloves, my ankle cuff, a lock, a tire pump, tire levers, a hex wrench set, an ordinary wrench, and a spare inner tube. I didn't photograph my headlight but I carry that and it fits in the new bag too.

Because I have my wonderful Carradice I don't desperately NEED this bag, so it might become a gift or a doorprize or something. I'm just so pleased with how it turned out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it certainly looks classier than the mass market nylon ones on everyone else's bikes out there.
alf

Charlotte said...

Thank you!
I was inspired by your work on Eliza and her saddle bag. I saw this purse and it all came together. So thanks!