22 October 2010

Sweet Bike Spotted at Harvard Med

Just looking at this bike it's clear that a lot of time and love went into its creation.


This photo doesn't capture it so well, but those Sun rims have "facets", much like the Honjo Le Paon fenders. The different faces of the rim catch the light differently.

I'm pretty sure this bike belongs to a taller gentleman.

I love the powder grey cable housing he chose with his powder blue bike. It reminds me of a bike I saw way back on Newbury Street, in more of a ladies' size. I called it "Cloud Bike" I wonder if we could find a way to introduce those two?

4 comments:

Velouria said...

Oh wow, I have never seen rims like these!

Rob said...

That handlebar tape is sweet.

Anonymous said...

I have CR18s on my Trek 520 and agree that the facets are a nice, if somewhat incidental, design touch. I was under the impression that it was a consequence of needing to reinforce the pocket between the double walls -- so, hey, serves both form and function!

I wonder what normally sits on the front rack ... given the minimalist setup on the back, it'd be something similarly tiny like a small Nigel Smythe Lil Loafer; but I can't help but imagine some huge Berthoud thing up there.

somervillain said...

nice rims, nice bike. from the details that i can make out, it looks like an early 80s japanese touring bike that the owner rehabbed and updated.